Thursday, September 10, 2009

253/365

I found this dog today. As soon as I pulled up to work he ran toward me wagging his tail. I told him to sit and he sat and I tried to get him to come into the building while I figured out what to do and he wouldn't come in (he is obviously not an inside dog and knows not to go inside). He had on a blue collar and a flea collar, but no tags. I am certain that he is someone's pet just by how he was acting and the fact that he had on collars and was clean. I called animal control to pick him up and the lady said that he would most certainly find a home if his owner did not claim him. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want him to get run over and I figured they would feed and water him and that his owner would think to call there first. I figured I did all I could do. I put an ad in the paper, called the local vet's office, posted it on Facebook, and called our local "dial-a-trade" (kind of like a Classified for the radio). I would hope that if someone ever found Scout or Dash they would do the same thing.

No comments: