Thursday, March 5, 2009

64/365 & San Antonio- Day 2

I love this city. In 2000 when I was wandering around lost with no idea what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go, I thought about San Antonio. I lived here for a short while when I was younger and I have loved it for as long as I can remember. Of course we all know, I did not end up moving to San Antonio, but wound up in College Station and my life took a different turn.

Now I can visit San Antonio and take advantage of all the cool things that are here. Things that I would probably have never made the time to see and just take for granted if I did live here. Anyway, we got in late last night and have been busy bees since!

Our stops today:

I haven't been here since I was maybe 11 or 12. It seems so much smaller than what I remember it being.

Lots of reading and a tad bit lame.

The one in Vegas was much better. But, I did get to chat with Dr. Phil and see a Chupacabra.

Lunch at The Buckhorn SaloonYummy burgers and lots of dead animals hung on the walls.

I have never been here. It is so high. And windy. We also checked out the 4-D "ride", which is actually a show. It reminded me a lot of the 3-D shows at Disneyworld--like when Mickey splashes water on you during Fantasia. Except in this version ("The Skies Over Texas"), it's a cow's snot getting you wet. This is the only picture I managed to get today with my phone.

We are off to see Jeff Dunham later tonight.

No comments: