Sunday, November 2, 2008

My New BFF

Can I first start off by saying GO TECH! That was intense and I was at home watching AND I don't even LIKE football! Unbelievable!

Jevon gave me an early Christmas present. An Amazon Kindle. Please meet my new BFF:

This thing is freakin' AWESOME. Here are some of the reasons I love it:

- It can hold about 200 books and even more if you choose to use an SD card.

- You can use the NowNow feature to ask any question and have it answered by a live person within 5 minutes via Whispernet (the Kindle's equivalent to wireless internet). (I have tried it and it works!)

- It is not back lit, so it's easy on the eyes. It uses what's called "electronic paper" to give it the look of real paper.

- There are 6 different font sizes to choose from.

- If you delete a book by accident, you can re-download it from Amazon's website without being charged again because they keep all your downloads stored (another nifty feature if you happen to lose your Kindle).

- It's light in weight and fits perfect in my purse.

- It comes with a nifty cover to protect it.

- You can download audiobooks and subscribe to blogs, magazines, and newspapers, too! Not just books!

- It has a built in dictionary so if while reading you come across an unfamiliar word, you can scroll to it and look it up.

- You can "highlight", make notes, and bookmark pages to reference later.

- When you put your Kindle in "sleep" mode (which saves battery life, by the way) and open it back up, you are right where you left off. No fumbling through menus to get to where you were. Also, while in sleep mode the keys are locked so you don't have to worry about buttons getting pressed.

- The price of the books cannot be beat. From what I have seen, they range from $.60 to $9.99. Not too shabby for a new release.

- Because it's all electronic, it is saving paper!

- MP3s can be downloaded on to the Kindle for background music while you read and it has a place for headphones so you don't disturb your neighbor.

- You can have book samples sent to your Kindle for no charge to see if you want to purchase the book or not.

- Books/Blogs/Magazines/Newspapers can all be bought directly off your Kindle or through Amazon's One Click purchasing. It just uses the credit card you have on file with Amazon. So convenient!

- I hear it stays charged for 3-7 days. I haven't had it long enough to know yet, but that's not too bad!

- The Customer Service is awesome! They were friendly, helpful, and there was no wait time.

- Not only is this little gadget easy to navigate, there is a User's Guide on your Kindle when you get it that explains nearly everything you need to know. I read it word for word and I'm glad I did. This has so many neat tools, I didn't want to miss out on something.

Are you sold yet? This thing really is amazing.

Here is what I have on mine so far:






No comments: