Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spread The Kindness

I have a few of things to write about today.

1. This week is World Kindness Week and my office is celebrating tomorrow by serving lunch and door prizes to the people we help with our motto being "Pass It On." I've decided to do my part and make cookies (because I cannot cook for the life of me).

I quadrupled this recipe so that my Honey wouldn't be sad. This is by far the best cookie recipe I have come across.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
3/4 c Butter flavored Crisco
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
1 1/4 c Firmly packed brown sugar
1 ts Salt
2 tb Milk
3/4 ts Baking soda
1 tb Vanilla
1 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Egg
1 c Pecan pieces

Instructions:
Heat oven to 375. Cream butter flavor crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Blend until creamy. Blend in egg. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture, gradually. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop rounded Tablespoonfuls (about 2 measuring tablespoons) of dough 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist) or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to cool rack. 3 dozen 3-inch cookies. Note: if nuts are omitted, use 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.

My hints:
I use 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips anyway. I also use Danncy vanilla that I bought in Mexico, a silicon baking mat, and a cookie scoop (perfect size for a cookie and they come out perfectly round).

2. The girls over at The Nest posted this site. It's a live feed of shiba-inu puppies! And they are a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. Try to catch them while they are up and playing around. I think I could watch it all day.

3. I went to the Dr. today and had my medication changed, so maybe this will work out better for me and everything else.

4. Jevon is now on day 23 of birthday cards. 23 days ago he began getting daily reminders that he will soon be 30. I think its hilarious. Do you know how hard it is to find 30 different "Happy 30th Birthday" cards? Hard. I wound up finding 24 and had to order 6 from Greeting Card Universe.

5. While I was catching up on my Google Reader, I came across my laundry room on another blog. Looks like The Working Woman likes my laundry room. Neat!

Dash says "HI!". Scout would, too. But he is at the groomer. Besides, he turns his head when I get the camera out anyway.

And on that note, go give someone a hug!

1 comment:

{oc cottage} said...

Dash could not possibly be cuter!!!

M ^..^