Monday, October 27, 2008

Christmas

This may will be a lengthy post, so hang on!

My earlier post this morning talked about Halloween. I forgot to mention that this is now up in our living room:

In my defense, Jevon burned our tree from last year, so we bought a new one a few weeks ago. Since we had company last weekend (aka more muscles), Jevon and Cody went ahead and brought it inside. Its not even Halloween and the tree is up. Lord help me. Next year I will have it up come summertime.

Speaking of Christmas, I am organizing a Secret Santa exchange at work. There is a really neat website that allows people to enter, create wish lists, and then it draws names electronically. It does all the work for you. Neat, huh?

And speaking of wish lists, mine keeps getting longer and longer and longer... I use The Things I Want to keep up with everything. Our families always ask for ideas, so instead of a handwritten list, I give them the website, they click on the picture of the item and then it takes them directly to the item. Genius! A couple of things on my list:

Amazon Kindle (Thanks to Oprah for this recommendation!)






"Stacey! Come on down! You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!"


I think this giant cupcake mold is so cute and I want one.
I almost feel like I need to be burning pumpkin or candy corn scented stuff. But I have to rave about the current scents that are making our house feel oh so cozy.


Both are from Bath & Body Works and smell wonderful. I have the Winter Candy Apple burning upstairs and the Perfect Christmas Winter burning downstairs. The winter one smells almost like oranges and cloves. When I was growing up, my Mom would buy oranges and cloves and then we would sit around and stick the cloves in the oranges to create different designs. We have done it the past couple of years and I enjoy it.

As much as I hope there is a Kindle under the tree, the stockings really are the best part. Here are a few of my favorite websites for stocking stuffers:


I know I am getting waaay ahead of myself with all this Christmas talk, but you know there are only 58 days left!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Oh one last thing! I feel like the kid trying to sleep before going to Disneyworld. I am having a jewelry party the first weekend of December and am so looking forward to it! I'm currently working on a menu and am brainstorming here, but this is what I have so far:
  • Chocolate Fountain (dippins'-strawberries, bananas, graham crackers, marshmallow/pretzels, pound cake, Oreos, brownie bites)
  • Bellinis
  • Bottled water
  • Lemonade
  • Mini quiches

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a HUGE list maker, so here are upcoming purchases that need to be made/saved up for:

  1. Halloween treats for Stephanie & Katie
  2. Jody's Birthday
  3. Jevon's Birthday
  4. Julie's Baby Shower
  5. Legally Blonde The Musical Tickets
  6. David's Birthday
  7. Christmas

That's it for today, I promise!

No comments: