Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas In Ruidoso

We had a fantastic time in Ruidoso. It snowed twice and it was just a great trip getting to spend time with friends and family. I love lists, so this post will be full of lists and pictures :)
Here is the gang:
Me, Jevon, Janet, Mom, Elizabeth, David, Pops, Meemaw, Melissa, and Matt

The second night we got there, we went to see The Nutcracker at Spencer Theater. It was great, although a man jumping around in white (WHITE!!!) tights, is very distracting...and not in a good way.

No trip to Ruidoso would be complete without shopping in Midtown. I love all the shops downtown. A few of my favorites:

102 Center Street A little off the path, but full of neat finds. They even have an "adult" section, too. Penis straws anyone?

No Bones About It I love, love, LOVE this store. They have dog treats, clothes, and anything and everything to pamper your pooch.

"Mom, we've been good. Can we pleeeeeease have that I love Ruidoso t-shirt???"

J. Roberts A cute little boutique with clothes, shoes, jewelry, purses, and everything else. I wound up getting this necklace:
Me and my Mom while out shopping:
Ruidoso has some really great places to eat. A few of my favorites:
Santino's Yummy Italian food.

Farley's A little bit of everything.

Michelena's The BEST pizza in the world!

Pasta Cafe Right in the middle of downtown. Ask for a window seat. Its nice and pretty at night, too!

As small of a place it is, Ruidoso does have a movie theater. We caught Bedtime Stories while we were there. A cute movie if you're bored. I give it 4 stars.

Christmas Eve we attended a candlelight service at Community United Methodist Church. It was a cute little church that resembled a log cabin. They were very welcoming and although I didn't want to go at first, I'm glad I did. It was a very nice service.

Of course we busted out the oranges and cloves and got busy. They smelled sooo good. I actually got a candle for Christmas that smells very similar...

Miscellaneous pictures that I must share...

I was sad to leave. It was such a nice trip and I hope to do it again next year.

Oh and Happy New Year!!!


No comments: