Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Past Few Weeks = Big Blur

A post full of things to catch you up on stuff I have wanted to blog about, but haven't had the time to until now.

This past weekend my sister in law and I hosted a Silpada party and sold $3,000 $4,150 worth of jewelry, which means we each got $450 $625 worth of free jewelry. If you aren't familiar with their stuff, check it out. They have some really nice things and you can usually find a ton of their things on ebay, too! My Mom and Meemaw came to the party. Later that night, Meemaw snapped this picture of Dash. Notice he has not 1 leg on the floor. That's because he crawled in my lap and sat there. He thinks he is small like Scout. We just let him think that.

Last time I was in Victoria, I spotted this card carousel at this junk yard and decided that I needed it. I called my Mom to see if she would go get it. I was expecting it to be between $40 and $50. Nope! She got it for $10! TEN DOLLARS. I called her as she was loading it up and she was so excited she couldn't even talk. HA! I have a ton of blank note cards and I figured this would be a perfect way to store them. I originally got the idea from Pottery Barn. The only problem is #1. They don't make them anymore and #2. They were close to $200.


And my version:

I have to post this picture because I about died yesterday when I tried to pull into the garage.

Yes, those are tumbleweeds. A shitload of them. It was so windy they all blew to the driveway and blocked me from pulling in. I just waited for Jevon to get home and he did an awesome job at getting rid of them and even pulled my car in for me when he was done :) Only in West Texas.

Speaking of West Texas...I do a LOT of driving for work with the furthest place being about 3.5 hours away. I get bored and try to break up the drive whenever I can. I ran across this picture tonight when I was uploading some other pictures. I took it somewhere between here and Sweetwater. There are a ton of these wind turbines out here and they are massive! I just think its a neat picture. You don't realize how big they are until you get really close to one.

A somewhat boring post, I know. I've just got a lot going on and not a whole lot of time to be creative with my little blog.


No comments: